Read about the correct use of masks and other measures for adequate protection against COVID-19
Follow these instructions carefully while wearing the mask :-
- The mask should cover the entire nose and mouth.
- Breathing with a mask takes some time in getting used to, so do not pull the mask under the nose which many people do. There is no protection if you cover only the mouth and pull the mask under your nose.
- There should be a minimum gap between the face and the mask.
- Do not touch the mask when you are wearing it.
- When removing the mask do not touch the mask from the front. Untie the mask from behind when you have to remove it.
- Immediately wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand rub after removing the mask.
- A damp or wet mask can transmit the infection. Change the mask immediately if it becomes damp.
- A single-use mask should not be reused.
- Do not place the mask on a dirty surface, especially objects like table, etc. which are touched by many people.
According to the World Health Organization wearing a mask can give a false sense of protection. You should be careful about the following tips which are equally important:-
- Avoid going to crowded places.
- Avoid using closed spaces like lifts, etc.
- The physical distance of at least 1 m ( 3 feet) should be maintained from the other persons when you go out.
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water frequently or use alcohol-based hand rub. Wash your hands with soap and water if there is visible dirt on them.
- Do not touch your mouth, nose, and eyes.