Corona-virus infection is spreading rapidly through the globe.
Boosting immunity when you need it the most.
Of course, the general guideline like social distancing, washing hands regularly, wearing a face mask when you go out or are in a crowded place and not touching your mouth/ nose/ eyes/ face with unclean hands are your most important defense against coronavirus infection.
There is always a possibility of touching an infected surface and then touching your mouth/ nose/ eyes/ face with unclean hands. A mask that does not seal the area around your mouth or nose may let the virus be inhaled in an overcrowded place.
Use these quick tips to boost your immunity from today
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours a day, as good sleep is the foundation of good immunity.
- Turmeric contains curcumin, which boosts immunity as it gets destroyed by heat, so it is dest taken with cold water.
- Garlic also helps prevent viral infections. Heat processing of garlic should be avoided as the beneficial effects are reduced by heat.
- Citrus fruits provide vitamin C, which is essential for a healthy mucous membrane, which is a crucial barrier against viruses.
- Oily fish like tuna and Salmon or cod liver fish oil supplements provide the much-needed omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for normal immune functioning. Vegans can have walnuts or flax seeds for the daily dose of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Blueberries contain a flavonoid called anthocyanin, which boosts immunity.
- Green leafy vegetables and carrots provide various micronutrients to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Fermented products like greek yogurt and kefir improve gut health, which in turn is good for immunity.